2019 Move-a-thon theme:
Living up to our school colors: Making Cali Greener!
After the September 2018 Move-a-thon, Mrs. Behrens weighed our trash!
Compost (food and paper waste): 104 lbs.
Recyclables: 16 lbs.
Landfill (regular trash): 180 lbs.
As you design and draw an image that could decorate the t-shirts for the fall 2019 Move-a-thon, think about Cali Calmécac’s successes, past, present, and future in addressing the issues, BIG ISSUES, of waste and climate change. What has the Cali community done this school year to make a difference? What can Cali do now and tomorrow to change our impact on the world? Two grand-prize winners will be chosen for the t-shirts — one for grades K-3 and one for grades 4-8. Put your personal flair into a drawing BLACK MARKER ON WHITE PAPER ONLY which incorporates our “environmental” theme. The grand-prize winning designs will be printed onto green Move-a-thon t-shirts and distributed to students participating in the Move-a-thon activities*.
Drawings must be submitted to your teacher by: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3, 2019.
Move-a-thon T-Shirt Design Official Rules
• All entries must be submitted on an 81⁄2 "x 11" white paper
• Only entries submitted by April 3, 2019 will be accepted for consideration
• Contest is open to Cali Calmécac kindergarten through eighth grade students
• Drawings must be original and not computer generated. No clip-art or tracing
• Use thick, black marker on white paper only NO COLOR DRAWINGS WILL BE ACCEPTED
• Drawing may be altered for best presentation on t-shirt